You generally know when you have a good product when teenagers want it and show just how desperate they are to own one! Recently, I took home the Joby GripTight POV kit and was swamped with talks of “me, me, me, I want to check it out and write a review for you!”
The competition to try it and give us a review was fierce (we have 3 teens). So we gave them the chance to put together a review based on their findings.
Below, is what they thought of the Joby GripTight POV kit
- The Joby POV GripTight would catch any teen’s attention due to the fact that it can be used for any phone big or small, Apple or Android!
- The device is relatively strong and is of a portable size.
- It is black in colour and holds the phone very securely.
- The Joby Griptight can be used in many ways shown on the box: as a stand, a mini selfie stick or as a way to have a better grip on the phone( if you’re someone that drops your phone a lot).
- It can also connect to the phone via Bluetooth and has a button to take a photo on the device itself, while connected to the Bluetooth.
- I think this is suitable for ages 12 and up as it is easy to operate.
- It is easy enough for the elderly to use too if they want to video call other family members abroad or not in the home.
- The Joby brand is one that represents strength and durability
- There are quite a lot of products in the Joby range and we’d love to check them all out.
- A quick check online showed that the product is sold online for between £12 and £30 each
- I’d give this a rating of 4/5 due to it not having an extendable part that would be suitable for use as a selfie stick
My favourite thing about the Joby GripTight POV kit is that you can set it up, take the Bluetooth bit with you, and capture a photo or video up to 30 metres away! Isn’t that cool? So, you know those shots you want to take with a group of your friends right at the edge of the beach where everyone jumps in the air? You can totally do it if you have just the Bluetoothooth clicker bit in your hand. Perfect when you want to capture a great shot when you don’t have anyone else to take the picture for you.
One drawback is that the phone, if quite heavy, could cause the grip to not be as secure as with lighter phones.
I would definitely go with the teenagers in giving this product a rating of 4 out of 5.